11.21.2005

my big fat oof dilemma

after topical conversations with em back at school and with sarah now at home, the post-graduation dilemmas have been spending a good deal of time nipping at me heels. while i recognize that everything doesn't need to be etched in stone once the diploma is handed over, i still feel the need to get my rear in gear, as they say.

but where to even begin? i definitely enjoyed being in dc, and i think i'd like to live there again at some point, but i was kinda thinking to do something not east coast for the time being. there seems to be a massive migration to austin, but texas? uhm, red state whaaaat. plus, the idea of being land-locked seems so foreign and somewhat scary to me.

i think that i am going to apply for teach for america, but i'm certainly not 100% sold at this point. the idea of doing it in dc though, and taking classes at american to get my masters while doing it? pretty hot and tempting alright...

and w/ who yo? i had always imagined this after college time to be spent with a group of gal pals in a pad of vibrant colors and laughs over icecream till dawn. i dunno though, i'm certainly not going to let anything hold me back, but i also never expected to have a boy thrown into the mix either. there is much excitement/decision making which lies ahead, as well as great debts to pay off and a severe lack of funds to do so with.

"vacation," eh? suuuure. anyone have any great moments of clarity lately? lay 'em on me, killers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my sentiments precisely, daughter. DC still seems to be the biggest pull but yet, I'm not sure I'm ready to devote my energies to gov't work. and it looks like zac's ending up in Providence, R.I. and I'm desperately trying to figure out if I can, would, or should go along. BOYS OH MY GOD MY LIFE WAS EASIER SIN MUCHACHOS. anyways. L-bomb deployment from the boy, two survivors remained in the wreckage. happy thanksgiving, and shine on you crazy diamond -momma dell

11/26/2005 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home