2.24.2005

jlo wants us all to just get right already

but duuuude, it's about dinosaurs!

work has been a bit bahhhh lately. i'm having a hard time being an overachiever in a chronically underappreciated role.

tonight was WIN's young women's achievement awards, which was nice if only for 1- the free champagne, and 2- the chance to talk to someone else who feels the same way. it makes it hard to support the cause when those you're working with seem just as capable of being bitchy and full of themselves as any daddy's little princess i've ever encountered. don't get me wrong, there are good ppl working there as well, and everyone works hard. i don't want anyone reading this and getting discouraged by the movement. all i'm saying is, the way you treat 'the little people' definitely has more of an impact than those supposedly on top may realize. remember that next time you're looking down.

oh, and then there's housing which i am completely underreacting to. WHERE AM I LIVING NEXT YEAR????? BAHHHHHHH << a more appropriate reaction at this point. meanwhile, i'm hiding out in the computer lab and what looks like an 8 yr old has just come in to join me.

"hey little buddy... whaaaat's happenin'?"

and now...
THE TOP 13 MOST USED LIES (cynical?)

13. The check is in the mail.

12. You get this one, I'll pay next time.

11. You look great.

10. Of course I love you.

9. It's not the money, it's the principle of the thing.

8. ...but we can still be good friends.

7. Don't worry, were not lost -- I KNOW where I'm going.

6. In this car, I can always go another 20 miles when the gauge is on "empty."

5. Don't worry, he's never bitten anyone.

4. I'll call you later.

3. I've never done anything like this before.

2. I'm from your government, and I am here to help you.

1. I DO

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, #7 sounds familiar.

not that the others don't - but
#7 strikes closest to my heart.

3/08/2005 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home